Great leaf pattern on this Stig Lindberg dish currently on Ebay. The dish is from 1950 and was created for Gustavsberg of Sweden. In addition to Stig’s ceramic work he was an accomplished childrens’ book illustrator. There is a great monograph on his work that came out in the 1960s. Sean flores was nice enough to include a photo of that book in our Designers Bookshelf series.
- Olle Eksell Site & Shop
- This Is Forest — Joel Speasmaker
- MVM — Magnus Voll Mathiasson
- Art School Cliche Spotting
- Posters Discovered in Notting Hill Gate Tube Station
- Vinyl Documentary: To Have & To Hold
- Partisan Memorials in Former Yugoslavia
- Up in the Air- Opening sequence
- Geoff Mcfetridge: Where the Wild Things Are Title Design
- Nikkatsu – Japanese actions films
This is the recipe for the 5th (1961) San Francisco International Film Festival poster. This poster is reminiscent of Saul’s design for the Alfred Hitchcock film Vertigo. The cosmograph used in the Vertigo poster is replaced with a ball of film in this poster to create a central focal point with a circular motion. There is an original copy on Ebay right now. These posters rarely surface so this might be your only chance to own one. Click on the link above to preview the auction.